Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hum Drum

So, I have nothing new to report! Life here is pretty "hum drum". Work is keeping me from thinking about Brenden all day long! I must say that I have been much calmer now that we have received our referral. At least I see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, I am purposely keeping my calendar booked every weekend for the month of August and September. Hopefully we will here something in October for a travel date (but I have learned from my refferal wait not to get my hopes up!).

I am busy trying to get his room ready. We got the bedding in and it looks great! I got his name stitched into the toddler quilt. It is so cute! I just got a call that our glider is in - so we will pick that up this weekend. Still no double dresser - they are trying to figure out where it is!!! Hopefully we get it soon - I haven't been able to put his things away. I will post pictures on his website when his room is finished.

A couple of my friends got me a "name bracelet" for my birthday. It just came in yesterday and it is adorable!! They got it from a website called www.girlytwirly.com If you are looking for a nice gift for a new mom - the name bracelet is great. My bracelet is called "the poppy".

My MIL is coming into town this weekend. Hopefully it won't be so hot that it drains all of our energy out of us if we go outside - gotta love Florida summers!!!

Sorry I don't have much to talk about - but I guess that is a good thing!! Congratulations to all who have received referrals this week!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home