Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

God Is So Faithful!

So, where to begin...
Last night (Monday) during my prayer time I asked the Lord to please let my time of waiting for the referral end (my normal prayer since hitting the 2 month mark of waiting). I asked Him to please intercede on my belhaf to God. I have tried to be faithfully patient (though I am not always great at this), and be open to learn through this wait time.

I woke up today (Tuesday) not feeling like this day would be any different from any other day during this wait time. I went to work and just got settled into my new office (not teaching anymore - but rather a curriculum coordinator). A friend came in and we started talking. A few minutes later my cell phone rang - I didn't recognize the number and almost didn't answer it (I figured it was a wrong number), but decided to anyway. This is how the conversation went...
me: Hello
B: Hi Stacey, this is B~ from FHSA
me: Oh my goodness, oh my goodness
B: Are you driving right now?
me: No - oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness. Do you have news for me???
B: Sure do!! Log onto your e-mail
me: (hysterically crying) I am at work here is my e-mail address - oh crap! Now I can't remember it!!!!! Hold on let me calm down and think...oh yes - here it is!!
Oh no my computer is on the fritz - send it to my friend's e-mail - wait is that legal?? oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!!!
B: Calm down (laughing)! It is fine - give me her e-mail address
me: OK here it is... Oh crap - her computer is unplugged (she just moved into a new classroom)!! Let me give you my boss' e-mail address. While we are waiting can you please tell me what is on the e-mail. At this point we may never see it!!!!! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness (hysterically crying)!
B: You have a SON!!!!! He was born November 28, 2005. He is adorable!! The orphanage wants you to know that he is the favorite and spoiled rotten. They took the picture of him right as he was falling asleep - so his eyes are almost closed. He is layed out in his crib.
me: Holy CRAP! We have a son (hysterically crying)! What do I do (as if I had lost total ability to think)?
B: (laughing) Open the e-mail and call your husband!! This is the day you have waited for for so long - Enjoy it!!!
me: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will! Oh by the way, sorry for stalking you the last month and a half with daily e-mails about how long and torturous the waiting is!!!
B: No problem!! Enjoy looking at your SON!!!

So, I FINALLY was able to open the e-mail and see him! She was right - he is adorable (of course I am not biased)!! He has lots of hair that sticks straight up and he has huge cheeks!!!

My friend is currently working on a website for him - as soon as it is up I will post the web address so you all can see him. I was going to wait to post this until I could show his picture - but I couldn't wait!!!!!! We hope we will get more pictures of him before we travel! I will post them on the website when I get them!

Oh (how could I forget this), his name is Brenden Douglas. Brenden - after my husband's uncle and Douglas - after my dad.

Thank you Lord for your unfailing love and perfect timing!!!!!!!!

10 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oh this is such terrific news. How exciting. I'm so excited for you and your family. 2006 is going to be a great year!!! Congrats.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger RollerCoaster said...

Many many many congratulations! I am so excited for you! I love the name, too!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

THIS IS WONDERFUL!! I am so happy for you and your husband. I cannot wait to see his precious face! Congratulations. God is truly amazing!!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger saucygoat said...

Congratualtions! What a happy time!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Oh My Goodness!!! Congratulations - what a wonderful day, what wonderful news. I can't wait to see him... love the name!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Ann said...

congrats!!!! What an awesome day. I love how you reacted, too cute. Now please post some pictures so we can all see his adorable face!!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger erinlo said...

I am SO SO excited for you!!! Enjoy these days! You will NEVER forget it. Oh wow. I have chill bumps.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger bluefairy said...

Oh my goodness! I am so happy for you and your family and can't wait to see a picture of him and hear of your journey to Vietnam.

Congrats and Enjoy!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

Congratulations! You just described the day I am waiting for. You and your family will be in my prayers. Lately I feel like my prayer life has been selfish. It goes something like "Lord please bring my referral, let me have her with me at Christmas." It's kind of that, over and over and over again.

Congratulations to your family!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Emily said...

i am seriously crying....so happy for you. now go get your boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home