Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Update

I finally heard from our agency today regarding the e-mail I sent them on Tuesday. I asked them if they had talked to the VN facilitator about our referral (or lack there of). They told me that they speak the with facilitator on a regular basis and she is certain that our referral will be here SOON. There is that word again - soon. I have heard that since the beginning of July. I wish they would say what they mean by using the word soon. I am a teacher - so I think about how I use that word to passify my students when they get impatient. It makes me wonder if that is what they are doing to me! I guess the good news is I know for sure they are talking with the facilitator in VN about our adoption. It does make me feel better when I hear from the agency. I have started e-mailing them once a week for an update. I am sure they are trying to get my referral as fast as they can so that I will leave them alone!!

So - I continue to wait and wonder how long "soon" can take! I pray that we hear something. We are at the end of another week - so I am not expecting the phone to ring "soon".

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger erinlo said...

I hope it will be VERY VERY SOON!!!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

You know I detest the word "soon". I say give me something concrete like "within the next two weeks" or just say "we don't know, probably less than 2 months from now" ... "soon" is just lame! So I hope you get your referral NEXT WEEK. :-)

ps... I'm now a firm believer in checking in with the agency at least once a week. If it bugs them, oh well! We are paying them, the least they can do is keep us informed!!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Crossing my fingers for you!
I think this must be the most difficult part.
Maybe this is preparing us all for the patience it takes to be a mom!
Emily

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hi stacey, thanks for stopping by our blog. Yes we are using FHSA and we live in Jax too, out it Argyle!!! I have always liked our agency. And have heard wonderful, actually stunning things about B. She is also our country coordinator, (is that what we call her.) I have found that she replys to me pretty quickly. But her replies aren't sugar coated, pretty curt and to the point. I sometimes wish she would coddle me a little as the adoption process can be soooo emotional. I try not to bug her as dh is afraid they'll "fire" us b/c I can be a pest :0) But we have a long wait ahead of us. We have been waiting now for 4 and a half months. When we started the wait was 6-12 months depending(we are in a birthmother chosen program) but now the wait is 9-12 months. So I really can't justify bugging her yet. When people ask me why it's taking so long I tell them that they're not breeding these women just so we can adopt their babies. When I say that they get quiet. I have to think about it this way. I know it must be difficult when you are told one thing and it doesn't happen. December will mark 9 months of waiting, so if we don't get our referral then, I'm sure they will get a weekly "what's up" from us too. I'm hoping that you get that call soon. But this is something that I have to think of when things get hard to handle... God led us to this....he will lead us through it!!! Sorry this is long, but I didn't have an email address, so I could reply to your questions. Hope to see that referal post soon....oopss there's that word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home