Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

it's official - 3 months today

My agency has had our dossier 3 months today. My wait time was supposed to be 2 - 3 months ~ but 2 months was the projected time frame! I mean really - what is the hold up??? We have been next in line for a referral for almost 2 months now!!! I e-mailed our agency yesterday and asked them if they still were under the impression that we would get the referral before my baby shower (Sat.). I am getting the same answer that Christina from Mrs. Broccoli Guy is getting - soon!! This is so frustrating! Before they were saying that they felt confident that we would get the referral before the shower - now it has changed to "soon, hopefully". What in the world is that supposed to mean! The good news (if you can call it that) is that now I am not expecting the phone to ring with referral news anytime soon.

My parents are coming today for a visit. They will be here for the rest of the week. We have big plans of hanging out at the beach and doing nothing - sounds great doesn't it!! Hopefully they will help take my mind off the waiting. How cool would it be if we got the referral while they were here! That would be awesome (though my hopes are not up)! We also will be putting the crib and bookshelf together for the baby's room. My husband and I painted the room this weekend. I was hoping it would be a nice, soft shade of yellow. However, it dried darker that in went on - so it is a little brighter than I hoped. Hopefully when we get the furniture in the room it will help calm it down.

Well, with my parents here, I won't have time to write for a while. So I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I will post if we do happen to get the referral!!

6 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

That would be so great if you got your referral when your parents were in town. I am still really hoping for you!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh no! I feel your pain in a big way! But, in a way, when you get to the point where it almost feels like your referral will never come and you stop waiting for the phone to ring, it makes the wait easier! When our call finally came, I was caught totally off guard! Here's hoping you guys will be so busy this coming week that you will be shocked and surprised when your call comes!!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I think the word "Soon" should be banned from all adoption-related conversations!
Hanging at the beach with your parents sounds like a great way to spend the week. Hope your cell rings on the beach and you can celebrate your referral with your parents! :-)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger R&H said...

What agency are you using? You've been "number 1" for two months with no news? that's got to be really frustrating! Just know that your baby WILL be here soon!!!! (I know it's hard, but just keep telling yourself that) It IS happening, you WILL be a mom, and your baby WILL be here before you know it!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger R&H said...

cjiOh, and post some pictures of your nursery! I'd love to see the color of the paint. We tried to paint a room yellow once and it was a disaster-it was really, really, really bright-almost glow in the dark bright!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks for your comments. Heather, we are using Florida Homes Studies and Adoption (FHSA). they have been wonderful so far - the whole process has gone smoothly. This is the first snafoo that we have had. I am hoping to hear from them soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home