Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Cautiously Optomistic

I finally heard from our agency today about the e-mail I sent last week. Recap - I asked if they thought there was a reason to be concerned because it is taking longer than expected to get a referral. In the last e-mail (2 weeks ago) we were told that we were next in line for a referral and had been for a few weeks at that point. So - you can understand my concern. I also asked if they still thought I would have my referral by the date of my baby shower (July 15). Well, today I got my answer. In a nutshell, they told me that there was no reason to be concerned about the wait. They also said that they thought I would for sure have the referral by the time of my shower - in fact (and this is the best part)they are expecting it any day!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair when I read the e-mail! I ran to tell my husband who just smiled (I am the emotional one - he is more subdued). This is the first time that our agency has ever been so forthright with information. They usually choose their words carefully as not to be locked in to a specific time-frame. It makes me think that maybe they have been in touch with the facilitator in VN (just guessing here).

Of course, little thoughts started to creep into my mind; "I've heard that before", "here we go again with the anticipation", "Once bitten twice shy". So, I will say that I am cautiously optomistic! I pray that I will here about my referral this week - but more than anything - I pray that the rest of this process will go smoothly and quickly!

Good thing we finally started on the baby's room!!! Hopefully we will find out the sex of the baby soon so that the crib doesn't sit for too long without bedding on it! I just can't wait to get it all together!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

That is wonderful news!! I am so happy to hear it. I pray that your referral comes this week!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

That is soo exciting! I hope your referral comes very very soon!r

 

Post a Comment

<< Home