Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Hi ho, Hi Ho, It's Back To Work I Go...

It has been a busy week!!! I started back to work on Monday and I haven't stopped!! The teachers come back this coming Monday and school starts to following Monday (August 21st). I am glad I am back at work. Summer was great - but now that we have our referral Iwant time to pass as quickly as possible until we get to travel to get him! I stay very busy at work - so I am hopeful that it will help to pass the time!!!! It has been great getting to show everyone the picture of Brenden! I get the same feelings all over again when I share the referral story with them. It is so much fun to watch them "ooh and ahh" over him!!

I have nothing new to report on the adoption front (not that I thought I would). We have requested Brenden's current weight, height, and head circumference (it was not in the medical report) but we haven't heard anything yet. I have tried not to buy too many clothes for him until we know how big he is. He looks big in the referral picture - but we were told that the babies just look bigger in the pictures because they get so close to them. However, in reality - they are usually pretty small. I guess we will just wait and see.

My friend finised Brenden's website and it is AMAZING!! Please stop by and take a look at it. Here is the address www.babybrenden.homestead.com I will be adding pictures of him (if we get anymore), pictures of the nursery, pictures from my baby shower, and other things soon! I am pretty sure that when we travel to VN, I will be journaling on that website - but we will see as time gets closer. However, I will not leave my blogger friends!!! I will continue to post here as well!!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! I am praying for great news next week, especially for Christina at Mrs. Broccoli Guy, and for all those waiting for a referral or travel permission!

4 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Your site is really cute! Your friend is a great friend to have...travel will come fast. When Brenden is home, you'll wonder where all that waiting time went.
Oh and, you're so photogenic Stacy!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Hey Stacy, thanks for the prayers - they are a blessing to me. :-)
LOVE Brenden's website!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

How cute is that. The site is really nice and we can't wait to see more pix of your little guy.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Ann said...

your new website looks awesome. Can't wait for you to get that travel news. BTW...since we're in jax too, I wonder, you look so familiar to me. Did we go to the same high school by any chance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home