Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Better

Well, I just wanted to say a giant thank you to those who sent me the encouraging comments. I look forward everday to reading what people have written!! I know that I don't know you all personally - but I feel like I kind-of do. All of you are such a great support!!! It helps to talk (or write, in our case) to people who are going through or have been through the same emotions I have. I appreciate all of the personal things you write in your blogs! It makes it easier to open up and share my feelings!! So - keep writing!!

My husband works with a lady who is also adopting. Her country of choice is China. She has been waiting for her referral for a little over a year (sure puts my measly 2 1/2 month wait in perspective)! Well, yesterday was her day - she finally recieved her referral!!! She brought in her picture today for my husband to see. He called me and told me she was beautiful and it is finally feeling real to him! He said that now since he has seen the picture - it is going to be harder to wait for ours. It was refreshing to hear him say that. For so long this process has seemed like a business transaction to him, but now that we are getting closer I can see him growing more excited daily!! Now he is working up to my excitment level - almost! I can't imagine the level of joy we will both feel once we get our referral!!

Speaking of referrals - nothing yet for us. I am, however, keeping myself extremely busy this week. It is making the time go faster. I am still praying for a referral this week, but if it doesn't happen I am trying to stay positive (thanks Kelly for your Positive Polly entry - it gave me the swift kick I needed).

Again, I want to thank everyone again for their kind words! It certainly helps to hear them!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Anytime!! I have been trying to keep myself extra busy as well. It helps with the weeks passing.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I go to the salsa in china blog just to see all the referrals every month - it's weirdly encouraging.
Aren't blogs great? I love reading everyone's VN adoption blogs and the comments on mine make me feel good too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home