Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Charlie - Ian's best friend!

This is when Ian first met Charlie - he was not too fond of him!


Charlie is trying to get Ian to play with him - We had Ian for about 1 month when this picture was taken.





Now you can see they are best of friends!!!




Ian has become OBSESSED with our 130 lb. yellow lab - Charlie. Ian used to let me rock and snuggle with him in the mornings and after naps. Now - he fusses until Charlie comes in the room with us,or I take him out into the den to see Charlie! Once he sees him, he lets out a HUGE squeal! He follows him around all day! The other day, Charlie was trying to find a place to "hide" his bone and Ian kept following Charlie around - finally Charlie looked at me with a look like he was trying to say "mom, can you please help me out here". Ian constantly is laying his head on Charlie's belly while he is laying down, and uses him as a "slide" - crawling up one side of him and sliding down the other. Ian has recently been trying to "feed" Charlie all of his toys and dies laughing when Charlie puts them in his mouth.



It is a good thing that Charlie is so good-natured! I think most dogs would have gotten annoyed by now, but good ole Charlie just lays there and licks Ian - when Ian is sitting still enough to let him. My husband and I enjoy watching them play together!! I think we are in for a lifetime of dogs in our household - and we couldn't be any happier with that!


13 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Laurie and Travis said...

It sure is a good thing Charlie is a gentle giant!! What a cute pair they make - little man and his big best friend:) Reminds me of my family's dog- his whiskers were trimmed, his nails were polished pink, and he always had a rugrat swinging from his tail. Poor guy.
Charlie will have to do until Ian gets a different sort of playmate, like one with pigtails and a dress?!! Come on, come on already;) Just teasing.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger R&H said...

Those pictures are adorable! I hope our dogs are as patient and sweet with our baby as Charlie is!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Karrie said...

I cannot believe that is the same little boy I met in Vietnam wow has he changed. He is just adorable and so well loved. Sure hope our daughter likes the dog as much, we have not introduced them yet.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Love the pictures! I hope our little one and Abbie (our 65lb dog) love each other just as much! Thanks for checking out our blog as well.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Those pictures are way to cute for words!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger priyanka Joshi said...

Wow! those pics are just cute and adorable. I am not surprised that Ian and Charlie have become fast friends. After all, that's the best friendship that one can have! Long live Charlie.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

AWWWW that is soooooo sweet! I have 2 big ones and I am praying that our little one will like them and they will like her. If not thank God for baby gates.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger S. said...

How sweet! I love his haircut too, he looks adorable...what a great doggie, my parents golden was the same when my kids were babies.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

Super cute..both of them. Labs are great...Annslee drives both of our dogs crazy but I think they know she rules around here so they tolerate it.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Charlie seems like a great dog and I love how they've created a bond. Nothing better then a boy and his dog.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Diane said...

My name is Diane. I was talking with Jenni Shoemaker, and she mentioned you used FHSA. We are using them, being transferred from a totally incompetent agency!
Could you email me to talk at diane@bafflingmagic.com
Thanks,
Diane

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Editor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Editor said...

Stacy~

Could you contact me privately? I was told you might be able to give me advice with an adoption dilemma. Jeffelle@gmail.com

Michelle
PAP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home