Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sorry it has been so long!

Hello all!!!

I am sorry I have not written in so long! Once I got Ian, I was unable to check e-mail or update my blog!

We are finally home!!! We had our G&R Ceremony on Monday, December 18th and left for Hanoi on the 20th of December! We were able to get through very fast and left for home on December 23rd! After 30 hours of flying, we arrived home in Jacksonville, Fl on Christmas Eve at 1:00! Ian did great by the way - thanks to a little Benadryl!! I don't think I have ever been so happy to see the smiling face of my husband!!! Ian is totally in love with him - so the transition has been easier since he will go to him as well as me! By the way - my husband picked us up from the airport in my Christmas gift - a new van!!! Now I am really a mom!!!!

Both of our families came in town over Christmas and just left yesterday! You can imagine how crazy our house has been! Right now, Ian is taking his nap and I am trying to clean up the house. Ian has done well with the time change! I think his body is starting to get adjusted! We are taking Ian to the doctor on Friday. I can't wait to see what his measurements are! He has been eating so much food lately that I am sure he has gained weight!

After everything that we have been through, I have never been so happy to see my house, family, and friends again!!! There were times that I thought I would never be able to get back here!!! We took Ian to church on Sunday and most everyone started to cry! It is amazing to see how much he has touched peoples' lives because they have been praying for him and our situation for so long! It was a great homecoming!!!

I am not great at posting pics, but I am going to try to post a picture of Ian that we took the day he came home. I think we are going to use it for our announcement photo! I hope you enjoy it!

OK! I tried, but I can't figure out how to get a picture on here!! I did what the help section told me to do - it tells me it is uploading, but it won't show up after it does that! if you know how to post a picture that is saved on my harddrive - please tell me how!!


I have a slide show set up - but I don't know how to get it to show on the blog - so click on the link and it will take you to it!

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?instanceid=49531731


13 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Stacey,
I am so... glad that you and Ian are finally home. I have been checking your blog daily for any updates. You deserved to take some time off, after all that you went through to bring your baby home.
I use the blogger dashboad to upload my pictures. I don't know if you know what I mean, but it is really simple(beleive me if I can do it anyone can).
I can't wait to see pictures of your precious baby.

Take care and God bless,
Stephanie

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh man Stacey - I have never been happier to hear that someone is home than you!!! What a long long journey to Ian it has been. I bet you are just LOVING home!

As for the photo, you have to wait until it is done uploading. It will then have a "done" button that you have to press and the window will disappear and the code will automatically be inserted into the post. Sometimes it takes awhile to upload so be patient and wait for that "done" button and press it. Otherwise just upload the picture to Flickr and link to it!! That is way easier :-)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger saucygoat said...

I was so happy to see your post. I've been checking, wondering if you and the baby were doing well. Good to hear things are good and that you are home.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger M & H said...

Hello - I am so glad you and Ian are back safe. My husband and I are adopting from VN and hope to go in the spring.
We can't wait to see pictures of Ian.
Thanks for sharing your journey, glad you are home.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Laurie and Travis said...

Hey Stacey!
So glad you made it home for Christmas and we're so happy to hear Ian is doing well with the transition. We are now safely back from VN too, and Jackson is slowly coming around to the time change. We think about you and Ian often and can't wait to read more updates on life in Jacksonville! Congrats again.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Oh hooray, you are home - and even before Christmas! What a wonderful husband you have - a van sounds like the perfect Christmas gift! :-)
I'm so glad Ian is adjusting well and everyone is home and happy!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger KelleyO said...

Oh good you are home!! I've ben checking your blog daily and I was a little worried. I'm so glad you were together for Christmas as a family.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Jo said...

So glad to see you are home. Ian is very cute and I love all his hair(so thick)..

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger KelleyO said...

Love the pictures!

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Stacey, I am SO EXCITED for you guys!!! I was so worried about you after we left HCMC. Mike and I have continued to hold your family up in prayer. We love you guys and wish you lived closer. I am so thankful we were able to meet in Vietnam. Seeing you remain faithful through all of this has been such a strong testimony. You are an amazing woman and Mommy! Ian is an incredibly lucky boy! Email soon! munnfamily1@yahoo.com

God bless you guys!!
Casey

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm so glad you are home safe and sound! I can not believe all you have been through - you can take on anything now!! Blessings to your family in 2007!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Welcome home. Congratulations on your son IAN!

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Karrie said...

I am so excited you made it home for Christmas. I was so worried that it did not happen that monday and have checked daily since. Your son is beautiful and so worth the struggle.
Happy New year...
Karrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home