Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

G&R Ceremony

Hi everyone!

Well, I am getting excited! My faciltator is here in VN. We went and applied for the G&R Ceremony today!! They gave me a date of 2 weeks out!! I almost passed out - but my facilitator told them that I had already been her for 6 weeks and my husband had gone home. They looked at me and I tried to look very pitiful. The they changed it to Friday!! So now we have to make sure the orphanage director can do it on Friday, we should know for sure tomorrow. I am really trying not to get impatient. I am sooo ready to go home - but the most important thing is making sure that the baby goes home with me!

My husband and I decided to change the baby's name from Brenden. Everytime we said that name, we just kept seeing our first child in our minds. So, we have decided on the name - Ian - which means God is gracious. It just seems fitting. Now we are in the process of changing the items in the room that had Brenden on them to Ian. I can't wait to post pictures of him. He is just soooo cute!

I will try to write again soon - hopefully by that time I will be an official mother - again!!!!!

13 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I am praying that you get to have your ceremony on Friday. I love the name Ian and the meaning of the name truly says it all "God is gracious".
Hope you make it home by Christmas.

Stephanie

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger saucygoat said...

I'm so happy for you, that things are looking up and getting better. I know it's been rocky for you up to this point. Can't wait to see pictures of Ian, I bet he's just darling!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Heather said...

So glad that you have a G & R! I will check back for an update and pictures of your sweetie.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Ange said...

Very fitting name, I can't wait for you to post pictures. Good luck with the remainder of your trip.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh good luck on Friday! Man, you must be dying to have this step behind you so you can start the process of getting out of dodge! It has been soooo long for you. Glad it sounds like you are holding up ok!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm so happy your G&R is scheduled! And I love the name Ian. Always been one of my favorites :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Great news on the g/r date. Hope it all goes as planned. I love the name Ian, and it's meaning.

Take care and find ways to pamper yourself... go to the mall, get some yummy takeout, maybe get a massage or a manicure... if you need suggestions on where to go, just ask. :-)

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

I am SO glad to hear that timngs are moving along and that you have a G&R date. Hooray! Ian is a fantastic name.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

I am praying for the best for you. I can't wait until we can all see his sweet face : ) BTW..I love the name Ian

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Emily said...

i cant wait to see photos of ian!
praying that friday is the day for you!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I'm just now reading this! I hope that all went well and you are now home with Ian! I am happy to say that I am one of the first people who actually got to see a picture of the beautiful boy! I don't have your email address, so please email me as soon as you get a chance at munnfamily1@yahoo.com. I've been praying for you guys and thinking of you so much! I tried to call the Kimdo from Hanoi and couldn't get through. We've been home two weeks now and we're doing great. I hope to hear the same from you soon! Merry Christmas guys!!!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

hope you had your G & R! Wishing you well. Love the name Ian.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Hey Stacey...

How are things going? Will you be home soon? Are you home already? Just wondering... hoping you are well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home