Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Life is Amazing!

Yes, it makes me nervous to say this - because usually there is a storm around the bend! However, I must say that life at our house is pretty dog-gone good!!!

I absolutely ADORE being a mom! It can get pretty hairy at times - but I truly believe that this is my calling in life! I have never felt more fufilled!

Ian is doing well - but he is sick right now! I started back to work 2 weeks ago, part-time. I guess I have the best the of both worlds because his daycare is in the building I work in and I can check on him at anytime. I miss him when he is there, butI think it will be good for him to be with other children. Now we are just dealing with being sick every few days until he builds up his resistance. We have a doctor's appt. today - so hopefully they can give him so medication!

Ian grows and progresses each day! He is pulling up on everything and scoots around as he holds on. If I try to hold his hands for him to walk - he can't figure out what to do with his feet. So - I think it will be a few weeks or so before he takes his first step. He is still only saying "dadadadada". But, believe me, I am in NO hurry for him to begin walking or talking. I am enjoying watching him crawl everywhere!

Ian is qucickly becoming a daddy's boy. I am not sure what to think about this. I am glad he is growing attached to David, but I miss him only wanting me! He still looks for me whenever anyone else is holfding him - but his eyes light up when they see my husband! I think Ian really enjoys playing trucks with David. I told David that I need a little girl to play princess with - there is just too much testosterone in this house!

I know this might sound crazy considereing everything we went through to get Ina, but I am ready to start again for a girl! David says we have to wait alittle bit and save some money up frst, but I am hoping to begin the process soon!

Anyway, I will stop rambling! I am sorry that I haven't written in so long - time just seems to escape me now! Congrats to everyone who has gotten referrals or travel approvals!

5 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

So glad things are going well. Being someone's mama is the BEST isn't it. You just wait till he hugs you saying My Mama..you will melt even more. I know you had such a rough time..but I will tell you ..girls are a lot of fun and just what your hubby needs : )

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger S. said...

Stacey,
The lion king was incredible, you really should go before it leaves!

I don't want to crash your meeting with Laurie tomorrow, but any chance I could join you? I would love to meet you both and your kiddos!

Shannon

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger S. said...

Yes, I definately think you should start for a girl--maybe we could bring them home around the same time and they can be buddies!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Awww, sounds like everything is going so well. I say go for it. With the way IA is going right now, you may have a little bit of a wait and by then you'd have had time to save.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Stacey,
I never heard anything from the agency about the picnic, so we never made any plans. I don't know where, when or anything. So I guess that means we aren't going. Take lots of pictures!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home