Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Settling In

Well, we are really starting to feel like a settled family now! Ian just loves David! In fact, when David walked in from work last night Ian let out a HUGE squeal. We just both died laughing! My husband had a bad day at work and I told him that Ian's reaction to him should make him feel SOOOO much better!

I have FINALLY gotten Ian on a nap schedule. He is sleeping for 45 minutes in the late morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. It is great for him because he is back to the well rested, sweet boy that I had in VN. And, it is great for me because I actually have enough energy to stay up and spend some time with my husband after he goes to bed!

Ian is eating GREAT!! I will be interested to see how much he has gained when he goes back to the doctor for his 2nd set of shots. I made an appt. yesterday with a dietician to make sure that everything is ok with Ian - but I can't get in until the end of March!! I guess I will just wing it unitl then!

Being a mother is the best job in the world. For a while I thought that I would not get that chance - which makes my time with Ian even more special! God chose just the right child for us! I look at him in amazement sometimes because I can't believe that he doesn't have our DNA running through him. He is soooo much like David and I - it is really amzing!!!!! God is GREAT!

By the way, here are some pictures from his dedication at church on Sunday. It was very emotional for me - but Ian just smiled and kicked his legs the whole time. He kept everyone in stitches.


| View Show | Create Your Own

5 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

So glad to hear things are going so well. Love the dedication pics.

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Stacey, the 3 of you look so perfect altogether - what a beautiful family. Ian looks so healthy and so adorable! I'm so glad to hear things are settling into a normal routine. Thanks for your comment on my post - it's nice to hear positive reinforcement on that decision; it wasn't an easy one! I really appreciate your input and support. Wish we were new moms together in the same city, what fun we'd have!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger S. said...

That must have made Daddy so happy! Glad to hear you are settling in so nicely at home and got him on a nap schedule, that certainly makes life easier!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures! You all look like you have been a family forever!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I love all the new pictures!!! Ian is definitely growing! It's amazing what love and good Southern cooking can do! I so wish I could see him in person. Maybe this summer...

Casey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home