Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Quick Update

Hi everyone!!!

Sorry for the delay in writing! We are still in HCMC waiting on approval from the CIS. There was a glitch in the baby's paperwork. The orphanage has been fixing it over the weekend. We should have approval on Monday (God willing). If the approval comes through on Monday we will fly to Hanoi on Tuesday for our final interview. We are hoping to come home next weekend. We will miss Thanksgiving - but really - we hold our "Thanksgiving" every day!! We are growing tired of HCMC and are ready to come home - but we are trying to make the best out of our situation.

Thanks to all who have been praying for us!!!

I will write again once we hear from the CIS!

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I am so excited to hear you are okay and enjoying yourselves. I hope you are able to come home soon, but it sounds like you are bonding well and everything, overall, has been terrific. I look forward to an update (as I'm sure you do too). Can't wait to see pictures.

Melanie

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Keep your chin up! Can't wait to see a picture of your cutie.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Sorry about the delays. I'm sure you're ready for the comforts of home. I hope all goes as planned this week. Take care!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I hear ya on getting tired of hanging out in Vietnam. It's a nice country and Saigon is a great city, but there's no place like home. I hope everything comes through for you this week and you are home soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home