Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Monday, November 13, 2006

It's Official

Hi everyone!!!

Sorry about my last post! I was having a pity party!!!!

Yesterday we had a fabulous day! Our facilitator took us out to the Mekong Delta. It was absolutely incredible. If you are coming to Ho Chi Minh City you have to make time to see the Mekong delta!! I was worried about how Brenden would do since he has not been feeling very well, but he did great! It is very shaded throughout the Delta - so he didn't get very hot. If you go to the Delta - don't eat before you go because you stop for food the whole time - I must recomend the coconut candy!!! I am not a fan of coconut - but the candy is great!!! We took lots of photos and recorded about an hour of the trip - so guess what family?? You get to sit through some very exciting home movies!!!

Brenden slept great last night - 11 hours!!! He seems to be feeling better today - however the bumps on his face are not getting any better - so we are going to take him to the American Hospital today so they can look at them. I don't want it to scar his face.

So today we finally got the call to go to the Justice for the Giving and Receiving Ceremony!!!! I still wasn't sure the orphanage director was going to show up - but she eventually did. I was so thrilled to see her. We waited a few minutes and then they called us back for the Ceremony. Brenden had just woken up from a short nap - so he was in a great mood! He just laughed and giggled through the whole thing!! We took video of that too!

What a relief to have that done!! Now we wait on the passport and our first CIS interview. We still have plans to go to Hanoi on the 2oth - so lets hope it all gets done by then!

Thank you to all those who have been praying for us during this time - we are feeling MUCH better!!!!

9 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Stacey - I'm so glad you finally had the G/R!! And that trip to the Mekong delta sounds like it was a great diversion too. Wish we'd have found the time to do that. Hope everything goes well for you from here!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Whew! So glad your G&R is out of the way!!!!! Now you are officially a mama!!! :-) in answer to your question on my blog, the first interview may or may not be a little rough. You will have to email me and let me know. The second interview is a breeze. Hope your passport comes quickly!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Glad to hear the G&R is done! I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. Brenden sounds like a little sweetheart! :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Stacey,

Wow, I'm so glad things went better for your family today. It is wonderful to know that your officially a family now. Take care and hope the rest of your trip is smooth.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Congrats to you!
So glad that things are on the up and you will be in my thoughts and prayers throughout your journey. How nervous you guys must have been this entire time.
Now you can relax and enjoy your little one even more and enjoy being a mommy!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wonderful news! What a relief to have the G&R done. I hope that the rest of your trip goes quickly.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger saucygoat said...

That's wonderful. I'm so glad things are getting better for your family. Hope the little one gets better soon.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

WONDERFUL, STUPENDOUS, AMAZING NEWS! As someone waiting on a referral it is fantastic to follow your progress and know that one of these days I'll be able to follow in your footsteps! Congratulations!

bringinghomebe.blogspot.com

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

So excited for you!!!! By the way, LOVE the name Brenden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home