Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

TENTATIVE TRAVEL!!!!!!!

We received an e-mail from our agency last night with tentative travel dates!!!! They hope to have something concrete by Friday! They told us to get to HCMC on October 29th and leave Hanoi on November 24th. Yes that is right - November 24th. I guess we will get held up by the APEC conference. They hope we won't have to stay the entire 4 weeks - but they can't promise anything. We are currently talking with a travel agent so that we can put our tickets on hold until we get confirmation from our agency!

Now we start preparing like crazy!! I think I will be doing this by myself mostly because my husband is going to have to put in more hours in order to be gone for an entire month. He can do alot from VN with his laptop - but the more he can get done now, the more time he will have to spend with us in VN and not his laptop. I have to wrap up a few projects at work as well, but hopefully I will be done by mid-next week so that I can focus on the house before we go. My friend is staying here while we are gone to take care of our dog, Charlie (130lb yellow lab). I want the house spotless before she lives here for a month.

If the travel arrangements stay as they are now, we will be bringing Brenden home a few days before his 1st birthday!! I guess we will have a welcome home/1st birthday combined party. I can't think of anything better!!!!

Last night on my way to dinner I had a heart to heart talk with God. I started to tell Him about how angry I was inside because nothing in this adoption process has gone the way I had hoped.
It is taking much longer than we were told it would, along with other things that were promised that were proven untrue. As I was letting it all out, I just started repeating this verse over and over -
"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your way acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."
As I was repeating it, "lean not on your own understanding" kept jumping out at me and I realized that was exactly what I was doing!! I have to keep remembering that I don't have to understand why things have gone differently than promised - I just have to remember and trust that God IS in control of this not me. It is not my understanding - but His!! When I got home from dinner with my husband I got the e-mail about travel. GOD IS GOOD!!!

Well I am off to the store to start purchasing supplies!!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

YAY!!! That is so exciting! Four weeks is a long time and I pray you are able to make it home earlier. But then again, spending a little extra time in Brenden's birth country couldn't be all bad. All in God's time, right? I have a problem letting go of the control, too. I think we all do. Have fun with the last minute preparations!!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

This is so wonderful!! Great news today for you and Mrs. Broccoli Guy! I am just so happy for you!!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Ange said...

That's great!! 4 weeks is a long time, that's the length of in country stay posted on our agencies websight right now, so I don't expect that to change anytime soon. In any case enjoy your time there, it will be nice to have your family together bonding for that time before heading back to work.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations on your upcoming travel and, more importantly, holding your baby for the first time.

I wanted to say thank you for posting this particular Bible verse. I needed to see it today. Perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home