Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Vietnam Visa

I got home from work today and saw that I had a message from our country coordinator about going ahead and applying for our Visas! She told us that we should apply for the 3-month Visa so that we don't have to put a specific travel date. She said that we should put a start date on the Visa for Sept. 15th. I almost passed out! I e-mailed her back to find out exactly when we would be travleing. She told us that she didn't have a date yet, but that when she knew something we will get 1 weeks notice to book tickets and get out there! She said that the Visa will take 1 week to process - so she just wants us to be prepared for when the call does come. I must say that I was kind of dissapointed when I read that she doesn't have a travel time for us. My mom thinks that we are probably close since she wants us to go ahead and get our Visa. My thought is that maybe we have been approved at the government level and it is now time for the province (Ho Chi Minh City) to set up a G & R date??? I am trying not to get my hopes up - that is what I did with the referral and I was let down with the long wait.

So - What do you think??? Do you think this is a good sign that they want us to go ahead and get the Visa, mind you, it is a 3 month Visa? If you have already, or are waiting to travel, when did you get your Visa? Did you get a 3-month Visa?

Thanks for your imput! My mind is going crazy right now!

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I think it's an awesome sign that they want you to get your visa. Our program is different(Taiwan) so we don't have this step, so I don't have any advice there. But if they're telling you to get it... it must be close!!!!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger M said...

I think its a great sign!! You are getting closer to your little baby!! :)

-Janie

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow, you must be so excited. I think it is definately a good sign that you will be traveling soon.

Good Luck,

Stephanie(2nd Time Around, Vietnam Adoption)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I think it is definately a good sign. I am so happy for you.

Good Luck
Stephanie

2nd Time Around, Vietnam Adoption.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home