Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Good News (but not the official word)

So - I did not think I would post so soon!

We got a letter from our agency on Tuesday giving us an update (2 ladies from our agency went to VN a few weeks ago to visit the orphanages and to meet with Dr. Long at the DIA and be present for a meeting with the US Embassy). We found out that we needed to update a few of the items in our dossier because they are close to being past the 1 year mark. When I e-mailed our country facilitator about the items, I asked her if she thought we might be traveling this month. She told me that there is a "strong likelihood" that we would travel either the 3rd or 4th week of this month!!!! However, the official word has not come in yet. She is expecting to know more at the end of next week! We will only get a 1 week notice when the official word comes in. I am trying not to get my hopes up until I here something for sure - but I think it sounds like a great sign!! At least she didn't say "soon"!!!!

I am praying that if we are in VN while the APEC conference is being held that it won't delay us too long. However, the most important thing to me is that we are with Brenden. I have to remember that God is in control of this and that He knows what is going to happen. If we are delayed - He knew that we would be and will make a way for us.

I went to Babies-R-Us today with all the gift cards people have given to us. I had already picked out a car seat (Britax Roundabout), but when I got to the store I wasn't very impressed with it. The sales associates at the Babies-R-Us near us are not usually very helpful - but today was the exception. As I was trying to make up my mind, one of the associates asked if I needed help. I proceeded to tell her all about Brenden and that I wasn't sure which seat would be the best. She spent 1 1/2 hours with me trying to pick out just the perfect seat!! I finally decided on a new Graco seat (Safeseat Step 2). She told me it was the only seat that reclined while installed in the car. It got 4 out of 5 stars on the Babies web site. I will try it and see what Brenden thinks of it. While I was there, I printed out my registry and purchased some of the items I did not get at my showers. I came home with 6 giant bags full to the rim and a car seat! I had such a great time!!!!!!! Tomorrow I will go through everything and wash it all! I feel the need to get everything ready so that when we do get the call I won't feel so overwhelmed (hopefully)!!

I will write again when I hear something concrete! I am hoping that it will be soon!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger mellow & yellow said...

How wonderful for you. Things are movin.
Best wishes!!!!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Ange said...

Great News! I hope you travel this month. All the best!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Wow, that is very exciting news! Sounds like your Babies R Us shopping trip went great - isn't retail therapy a wonderful thing! LOL.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Emily said...

wow, i cant believe you could be traveling so soon! cant wait until you can officially celebrate the travel date!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Hi Stacey - we used the Ergo Baby carrier in VN. My husband and I both used it and we both liked it. Just know that you will get VERY sweaty wearing it. But, I don't recommend a stroller and I think it really helped with bonding.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm new to your blog...congrats on your son and it sounds like things are falling into place wonderfully! Have fun with all the preparations!!

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oh, I hope you're packed, it sounds like you could be holding your little guy in your arms in a matter of days (a few weeks at the most). I can't wait to hear an update. And congrats on the Babies R Us loot. It's so nice when you find helpful people. I've heard great things about the Graco seat too. Let us know how it works.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Hey Stacey
How exciting for you both!
I live vicariously through your experience now - Our referral is still a long way off
Joanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home