Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No News Today

I have nothing to report about the adoption today. I was hoping to get a call - but not today. Now that I know we are next in line for a referral - I am obsessed with the phone!! Every time it rings my heart skips a beat! it's funny - anytime I call anyone they are just as anxious for news as I am. when they hear it is me on the other end I can hear them breathe in and hold their breath until I say "no news".

My friends who are throwing me a baby shower picked out my invitations today. They are very cute!!! I am getting very giddy about all of this! I am looking forward to celebrating with my friends and family! I have been on the internet all day looking at items to register for. Since we don't have any children yet, I am definitely taking someone who has children with me to register. Otherwise I will end up with lots of things I won't need. Hopefully I will start my registry this weekend!!!! I can't believe it!

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I have that same thing with my friends... every time I call them I have to say "no news" because we are overdue to hear news. Guess that just makes it more like a preganancy because I had to do that when I was 9 months pregnant too - every time I made a phone call, "no, I'm not in labor yet!"

Hope you have a great time at your shower!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home