Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

AHA!

Have you ever had one of those moments that just make you say "AHA"? Well I had one just a few minutes ago!

You see, my friends who are throwing me a baby shower on July 15th are in the process of trying to get the invitations. They called me today to find out if they should just get generic invitations or gender specific ones. I have been sooo stressed out today for many reasons (waiting for the referral, trying to stick to my diet when I am depressed, etc) and this just added to it. I thought for sure that I would have the referral by now and would be able to tell them the sex of the baby. But, as I am quickly learning, adoption doesn't work that way! Then, thoughts started to go through my head such as, "what if I don't have the referral in time for the shower, what if I am not able to register for everything I need since I don't know the sex of the child or the age, etc."

So, tonight as I was laying in bed unable to sleep, I realized that I have taken control over this adoption and all the unknowns. I did not even think about God or His plans. I know His timing is perfect, but sometimes I feel that I just need to help Him with things. He knows exactly when this referral will come. He knows about the shower and the time frame (my mom is flying in for the shower and has already booked her ticket). Why do I need to carry this load when He already knows?

When I look back at the steps of our adoption, from the beginning until this point, I see his hand all over it. He lead us to the perfect agency for us and has placed people from the agency in our lives that fit with us perfectly. We haven't had any snafoos with the paperwork or the process up to this point. He has been in control of this adoption since the beginning - why would I think that I had to take control at this point?

It is so great to be able to give Him the burden and be filled with the peace that comes from giving it to Him. I trust that He is going to work it out for His glory. AHA!!!

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.
1 Peter 5:7


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home