Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Well - it's a little something!

Today I received an e-mail from our agency stating that we were next to receive a referral!! This is good news! I e-mailed her back to ask if she thought I would have it by the time of my baby shower (July 16). She told me that she thought it would for sure be here by then. In fact, she thought that it would only be a short wait until we know the sex of our child!!! I feel as though I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, I am also trying to be guarded because I know that waiting for permission to travel will also be challenging!

So, I went to the baby store to start getting an idea for what to register for! It was so exciting! I must say that I caught myself giggling as I was looking around. It is still feels so bizzare for me to get excited about entering a baby store! I guess I will start my registry for the things that are gender neutral later on this week!!

It is going to be so nice to be able to move along with getting everything ready for our baby. We have been stuck not knowing how to decorate the room for long enough. I am ready to paint and get the crib put together so I can finally nest!!!

Thank you Lord for this wonderful news!!! Your timing is perfect!

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I think that's a really good little something!! So exciting, I can't wait to hear who God has planned for your family. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home