Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

No - nothing yet

Well, we have not received any news about our referral yet. The agency has had our dossier for 8 weeks today. I am expecting the referral any day. The agency told us that the time frame for a referral was 2 - 3 months. However, they told us that since we entered the program early - they estimated our wait at 2 months. So - you can see why I am on pins and needles waiting for "the call". I can't wait to move ahead with our plans for the room. This constant state of waiting is mentally exhausting! My friends who have had biological children say that they understand what I am going through - they say it's like waiting to go into labor. While I appreciate them trying to empathize, I am not sure it is the same. Once we get the referral, I will not be able to hold or kiss my son or daughter. I will have to wait months before that will be possible.

Well, maybe tomorrow I will have some news. I just need to keep the faith and remember that God's timing is PERFECT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home