Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Holy Cow - it is already Friday!!!!!

OK - so now I am officially freaking out!!!!!! I am an emotional wreck!! I laid in bed and cried last night because we are about to embark on parenthood. I feel so blessed!!! We have been trying for kids for so long - that now the reality is sinking in!! I put Brenden's carseat in the car today and cried the whole time!! What is wrong with me???

I have been running errands for the past 3 days - finally all the errands are finished! Now it is time to clean the house and put up Christmas decorations ~ yes you heard correctly! We are not scheduled to come home until November 29th - and I can guarantee you that I won't feel like putting up Christmas then. So - I will be playing Christmas music this weekend to help me get in the mood to put up the tree and all the other Christmas items! We will begin packing on Sunday and do last minute things on Monday. Then it is time to get on the airplane!!!

I am so nervous (excited nervous). I am not sleeping very well - I am sure it is just anxiety! I can't believe that in less than a week we will be holding Brenden! We have stared at his pictures for so long - soon it will be a reality!!!

I will be posting while I am gone. I am going to try to post regularly - but we will see. Also, I am going to try to post pictures of Brenden - but I am not very good at computer stuff - so all I can promise is to try!

Thank you for all your prayers. Please continue to pray for God's blessing upon our trip and our child. I pray we get home quicker than expected (but we are not holdong our breath).

Time to clean...

4 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I can't wait to read your blog when you are in Vietnam!! I too would most definitely get the Christmas up before we left. Good for you!!!!! I want mine up now and we are not going out of town for a month.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh no! You beat me to Christmas! Now I feel like an underacheiver!!!!!!!!!!! I did shop for Thanksgiving on the off chance we will be home.

Oh and yeah - I know exactly what is wrong with you!!! I wonder if it gets better?!?! Everyone says once that baby is in your arms but I keep picturing myself bursting into tears every single time I look at Addison for EVER! She's gonna have a complex! Haha

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

This is such great news. I am so glad to hear about all the familes that have G&R NEXT WEEK!!! How exciting. Please keep us posted on how mommy-hood is treating you.

Congrats,
Melanie

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

I can't wait to put her carseat in my car. I totally understand what a big moment that is. I can't wait to read all about your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home