Our Adoption Journey - Vietnam

Join my husband and I on our journey to adopt our first child. We have chosen Vietnam for many reasons - but mainly because they are supposed to have short wait times for referral and travel.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Waiting for our referral

Hi! I am new to this whole "blogspot" thing - so bear with me!

My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first child. We prayed about where to adopt from and felt like the Lord led us to Vietnam. The so-called "short wait times" were a plus for us!!

We started this journey in late October of 2005 with our first homestudy visit. Once our visit was over we were overwhelmed with how much we had to do!! But, how do you eat an elephant? - one bite at a time. So that is what we did! We completed ALL of the paperwork, certification, and authentication by April 2006. We sent our paperwork into our agency on
April 14, which happened to be Good Friday (which it was!!).

We have yet to get a referral - but our agency told us it would be 2 - 3 months before we heard anything. The great news is that the 5 families that turned in paperwork before us all have their referrals - they only had to wait 2 months!!

We know that God is in control of this adoption and His timing is perfect. However, the waiting has been the hardest part of all!! It has helped me so much to look other sites and to see that I am not the only one having these same feelings! One person said that the refferal was the first thing she thought about in the morning and the last thing she thought about at night - I couldn't have said it better myself!

We expect the call to come any day! I can't wait to register and set the room up! With everything we have gone through to get to this point - it is a HUGE blessing to be able to have the opportunity to experience the joy of preparing for "parenthood"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home